We have an older server here with a AMI MegaRAID Elite 1600 controller in it. Its been working just fine for years. I finally got a new drive for it this week and plugged it in. I wanted to be able to control it with out rebooting. Thats went the pain started. First off after a lot of google time, I found out that AMI no longer has this line and its now a LSI MegaRAID 1600. I downloaded there little dos utility that should let me make the changes, but no that doesn’t work. I’ve tried all sorts of things, and I think what needs to be done is to flash the bios to make it LSI not AMI then it will work. But I don’t want todo that, because I don’t want to take down a production machine. Looks like I’m not gonna have a choice, I’ll have to reboot after hours and update it through the raid bios, can’t take a chance on flashing it at the moment. Looks like a little after work time is needed today. But at least some of the mystery of this is solved.